There are a lot of different factors that go into finding the best acoustic bass guitar for you. It depends on your individual playing style, what type of music you want to play, and what kind of sound you’re going for.
That being said, there are definitely some acoustic bass guitars out there that stand out from the rest. In this article, we’re going to take a look at five of the best acoustic bass guitars on the market today.
From classic brands like Martin and Taylor to newer companies like NS Design, there’s an acoustic bass guitar here for everyone. So whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, you’re sure to find the perfect instrument for your needs.
Top 10 Acoustic Bass Guitars
Fender Kingman Acoustic Bass Guitar (V2) - Black - with Bag - Walnut Fingerboard
- Fender-exclusive Newporter Bass body shape
- Painted solid spruce top; painted mahogany back and sides
- Fishman pickup/preamp system
- Mahogany Jazz Bass neck with slim-taper "C"-shaped profile; walnut fingerboard and bridge
- Hand orientation: Right Handed
Traveler Guitar Ultra-Light Acoustic-Electric Bass Guitar (ULB BKGMP),Gloss Black
- Small and lightweight, perfect for travelling
- Fits in overhead bins on airplanes
- One-piece neck-through-body design
- Includes gig bag and detachable lap rest
- String tension may be too high for some players
- May be too small for some players
Fender CB-60SCE Beginner Acoustic -Electric Bass Guitar - Natural
- Great for beginners
- A classic design
- Easy to play
- Flexible electronics system
- None noted
Cordoba Mini II Bass EB-E, Striped Ebony, Small Body, Acoustic-Electric Bass Guitar
- The Mini II Bass has a significantly extended 580mm (22 7/8”) scale length, making it perfectly tuned to Standard E.Its deeper body depth provides a well-rounded tone when acoustic.When plugged in, the Cordoba MB103 pickup produces a rich, robust tone that is surprisingly portable.The Mini II Bass EB-E is constructed with a solid spruce top and striped ebony back and sides, making it resonant with a clear, defined tone.
- Natural wood has unique spirit and varies greatly in color richness and wood grain; Product shipped may appear lighter or darker in color than the product shown here.
Traveler Guitar Ultra-Light Acoustic Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Lightweight and easy to travel with
- One-piece neck-through-body design for added stability
- Piezo pickup for amplified sound
- May be too small for some players
- Limited sound options without amplification
Positive Grid Spark 40-Watt Combo Practice Guitar Amplifier Electric Bass and Acoustic Guitar Amp with Spark Mobile App
- Smart Jam learns your style and feel, generating authentic bass and drums to accompany you
- Access to 10,000+ amp-and-FX presets on ToneCloud, powered by PositiveGrid’s BIAS realistic virtual tube amps and effects for Guitar, Acoustic or Bass
- Import your music from Spotify, Apple Music or YouTube and Spark’s smart app will auto display the guitar chords in real time
- Powerhouse 40 Watt combo includes onboard tone stack controls, effects, tone starter preset programs, a built-in tuner, tap tempo and more
- Use Spark as your USB audio interface and track your ideas with included PreSonus Studio One Prime recording software
- None noted
Squier by Fender Classic Vibe 60's Precision Bass - Laurel - Olympic White
- 100% designed by Fender
- Inspired by 1960s-era Precision Bass models
- Fender-Designed alnico pickup
- Vintage-tinted gloss neck finish
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Hand orientation: Right
Traveler Guitar Acoustic Guitar 6 String Pro-Series Mod-X (Matte Black), Right, (PSM BKM)
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- One-piece Maple neck-through-body
- Hybrid acoustic/Electric with piezo Bridge and humbucker pickups
- Detachable Lap rest and arm rest
- Includes deluxe Gig Bag
- None noted
Ibanez 4 String Bass Guitar, Right, Mahogany Oil (GSR100EXMOL)
- Slim Maple neck for fast playing
- Compact, light-weight body for easy transport
- Ppd4 pickup for clear sound
- Hand orientation may be uncomfortable for some players
- May not be suitable for all genres of music
Ibanez 5 String Bass Guitar, Right, Natural Gray Burst (GSR205SMNGT)
- The maple neck is fast and slim, making it great for hard-hitting solos and quick runs.
- The body is compact and light-weight, making it easy to carry around and comfortable to play for long periods of time.
- The dynamic P and J pickups give the guitar a wide range of tones, from bright and clean to gritty and distorted.
- The active Phat II EQ adds additional low-end power, perfect for metalheads and bassists who want to add a little extra punch to their sound.
- The maple neck may be too slim for some players, making it difficult to hold on to during long performances.
- The compact body may not be able to take the place of a full-sized bass guitar in some situation, such as onstage with a full band.
- The P and J pickups may not be powerful enough for some players who are looking for a more aggressive sound.
- The Phat II EQ may not be enough for some players who are looking for a more extreme bass sound.
Best Acoustic Bass Guitars – Buyer’s Guide
Looking for an acoustic bass guitar? Well, look no further because in this buyer’s guide, we will be discussing the top acoustic bass guitars on the market today! We’ll also provide some tips on what to look for when purchasing an acoustic bass guitar.
The first acoustic bass guitar that we will be discussing is the Fender FA-100. This guitar is a great option for beginners due to its affordable price tag. It also has a nice, full sound that is perfect for those who want to play folk or country music.
If you’re looking for a higher-end acoustic bass guitar, then the Taylor GS Mini Bass might be a better option for you. This guitar has a more premium feel to it and it produces a richer sound. It’s also more compact than a lot of other acoustic bass guitars, making it a great choice for traveling musicians.
Another great option for those who are looking for a high-quality acoustic bass guitar is the Yamaha Trbx174. This guitar has a professional look to it and it sounds great whether you’re playing jazz, rock, or country music. It’s also very versatile, thanks to its 3-band EQ.
Finally, we have the Ibanez AE245. This guitar is a great option for intermediate players. It has a nice, full sound and it’s very easy to play. It’s also one of the most affordable acoustic bass guitars that we will be discussing.
So, there you have it! These are just a few of the best acoustic bass guitars that you can find on the market today. If you’re looking for a great acoustic bass guitar, then any of these options would be a great choice for you.
Chris Hawkins is a writer and music lover who specializes in articles about music production and computer accessories. He has a passion for helping people find the best music-related products to fit their needs and budget. When he's not writing, Chris enjoys spending time with his family, playing guitar, and exploring new places.